SPRINGFIELD, MA – With the Phantoms relocating to Lehigh Valley and the Heat becoming the Adirondack Flames, changes were bound to happen to the divisional alignment for the 2014-15 season. For the past three seasons, the Devils have shared the Northeast Division with the Phantoms, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Hartford Wolf Pack and the Springfield Falcons.
The league announced Albany, Bridgeport, Hartford and Springfield remain in the Northeast Division, which now includes the Syracuse Crunch.
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Hartford Wolf Pack
St. John’s IceCaps
Oklahoma City Barons
San Antonio Rampage
Grand Rapid Griffins
Lake Erie Monsters
• Calgary’s affiliate relocating from Abbotsford, B.C., to Glens Falls, NY, and playing in the North Division
• Philadelphia’s affiliate relocating from Glens Falls, NY to Allentown, PA, and playing in the East Division
• Syracuse moving from the East Division to the Northeast Division
• Lake Erie moving from the North Division to the Midwest Division
• Iowa moving from the Midwest Division to the West Division
The format for the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs has also been approved by the Board of Governors and remains the same as 2014: Eight teams in each conference will qualify for the postseason, with the three division winners earning the top three seeds and the next five best teams in order of regular-season points seeded fourth through eighth. The conference quarterfinals will be best-of-five series; the conference semifinals, conference finals and Calder Cup Finals will be best-of-seven series. Teams will be re-ordered after the first round so that the highest-remaining seed plays the lowest-remaining seed.
The playing schedule for the 2014-15 regular season, which begins Oct. 10, will be announced later this summer.