Albany Devils at Hartford Wolf Pack
Saturday, February 1, 2014
XL Center | 7:00 pm
Follow the Action
HARTFORD, CT – The Albany Devils will try and build off Friday’s 2-1 win against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers when they travel to face the Hartford Wolf Pack Saturday at 7 pm. The Devils are 14-4-2-3 when coming off a win this season.
– The Devils are second in the Northeast Division and tied for fifth in the Eastern Conference at 24-14-3-3 (54 pts.). The Wolf Pack are fifth in the division and 15th in the conference at 15-23-0-5 (35 pts.). Albany is 11-6-13 on the road, while Hartford is 8-9-0-4 at home.
– Reid Boucher and Tim Sestito both scored during Friday’s win. For Boucher, the goal was his 11th of the season and his 21st point, while for Sestito, the tally was his ninth on the year and 19th point.
– Eric Gelinas is set to rejoin Albany. The defensemen, who was originally recalled by New Jersey on Oct. 28, was returned on loan Friday. This season, Gelinas has 22 points (6g-16a) in 44 NHL games and three points (1g-2a) in five AHL outings.
– Hartford’s rally came up short Friday in a 6-4 home loss against Providence. Trailing 6-1, the Wolf Pack scored three times — including a pair by Oscar Lindberg — in the third period.
– Rookie Danny Kristo leads Hartford with 29 points with 16 goals and 13 assists. Lindberg is second with 28 points, backed by 12 tallies and 16 helpers.
Devils vs. Hartford Series
Saturday’s contest will be the 50th meeting between the two teams. The Devils are 27-17-2-3 all-time against the Wolf Pack, including a 14-8-1-2 home mark and 13-9-1-1 road record. This season, Albany is 4-1-0-0 against Hartford.
During their last meeting, three goals in the first seven minutes and two more goals to close out the game, propelled the Devils to a 5-2 win against the Wolf Pack on Dec. 14 at Times Union Center. Brandon Burlon and Artem Demkov both registered a goal and an assist and Harri Pesonen tallied a pair of helpers. Scott Wedgewood made 26 saves. Albany and Hartford will meet two more times this season: Mar. 8 at XL Center and Mar. 15 at Times Union Center.
Only Manchester has more wins than Albany when scoring first this season. The Monarchs have 23 wins, while the Devils are 21-4-1-1 when getting on the board first.
|Hartford Wolf Pack||43||15||23||0||5||35||0.407||109||145|