by Kevin Zalaznik // 3.22.2013 // Recap
BINGHAMTON, NY – The Binghamton Senators held off any momentum created by Matt Anderson and David Wohlberg‘s second period goals. In the end, the Albany Devils lost, 5-2, Friday at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
Binghamton’s Shane Prince, Cole Schneider and Mike Hoffman helped the Senators jump out to a 3-0 advantage. Prince opened the scoring at 15:27 of the first on the power play. Schneider and Hoffman followed with goals at 3:13 and 4:01 of the second, respectively.
Moments later, Anderson got the Devils on the board with a wrist shot from the high slot at 10:48 and Wohlberg scored at 11:56 to make the score 3-2.
Before the end of the period, Binghamton’s Corey Cowick scored on a two-on-one, shorthanded chance at 13:58. Schneider concluded the scoring with an empty-net goal at 18:51 of the third.
- The Devils move to 27-23-1-10, while the Senators improve to 38-19-1-5.
- With his 12th goal of the season, Matt Anderson registered his fifth point in the last six outings and his 11 point in his last 10 contests. For the season, he is second on the team with 38 points.
- Joe Whitney registered his 20th assist, giving him a team-leading 42 points. In the last 12 outings, he has 15 points (10g-5a), including 10 points (6g-4a) in the last eight games.
- David Wohlberg netted his first goal of the season and second of this career. Before tonight, he last scored on Mar. 22 against Binghamton.
- Brandon Burlon, who had an assist, appeared in his 100th career AHL Game.
- Chris McKelvie returned to the lineup after missing the last seven games with a lower-body injury. Before tonight, he last played on Mar. 2 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Harry Young played his second game of the season and first as a defenseman. His other appearance was on Jan. 20 against Adirondack.
Goaltenders: Keith Kinkaid, Jeff Frazee
Defensemen: Brandon Burlon, Eric Gelinas, Jay Leach, Corbin McPherson, Alexander Urbom, Harry Young
Forwards: Matt Anderson, Phil DeSimone, Mike Hoeffel, Cam Janssen, Chris McKelvie, Mike Sislo, Joe Whitney, Chad Wiseman, David Wohlberg, Darcy Zajac,Kelly Zajac, Steve Zalewski
The Devils return to action tomorrow for a 7:30 pm outing at Syracuse. The game is available on television locally by tuning into Time Warner Cable channel 1. Fans can also follow the action on ahllive.com.