Albany Devils vs Adirondack Phantoms
Friday, November 29, 2013
Times Union Center | 7:00 pm | Tickets
ALBANY, NY – After a 5-3 Albany Devils victory at Glens Falls Civic Center Saturday, the Devils and Adirondack Phantoms renew acquaintances Friday at Times Union Center (7 pm). The game is the fifth of 12 meetings between the Northway rivals and the first of a home weekend for the Devils, who host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Saturday.
– The Devils are second in the Northeast Division and tied for sixth in the Eastern Conference at 11-7-0-1 (23 pts.). The Phantoms are fourth in the division and 11th in the conference at 8-8-0-2 (18 pts.). Albany is 5-4-0-0 at home, while Adirondack is 4-4-0-1 on the road.
– During last Wednesday’s win against Hartford, Brandon Burlon netted his third career goal. The Devils defenseman has amassed 29 points, including 26 assists, in 128 career AHL games. This season, he has three points in 18 outings.
– Kelly Zajac has a point in each of the last three games, producing a goal and two assists. In 13 games this season, he has posted five points with two goals and four assists. In 30 career games, Zajac has nine points, including four goals and five helpers.
– Adirondack is coming off a 3-1 win against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Wednesday at Glens Falls Civic Center. Brandon Manning registered a goal and an assist and Yann Danis made 27 saves.
– Jason Akeson leads the Phantoms with 11 points, backed by two goals and nine assists. Rob Bordson and Bruno Gervais are tied for second with 10 points each. Bordson has five tallies and five assists, while Gervais has three goals and seven helpers.
Devils vs. Phantoms Series
The Devils are 23-20-5-4 all-time against the Phantoms, including a 15-6-2-3 home mark and an 8-14-3-1 road record. This season, Albany claimed a 4-1 victory at Times Union Center on Oct. 14, but lost 3-1 at Glens Falls Civic Center on Nov. 2 and 2-0 at Times Union Center on Nov. 9. Most recently, the Devils defeated the Phantoms, 5-3, on the road last Saturday.
During last week’s game, The Devils scored a season-high four goals during the second period. Mike Hoeffel, Reid Boucher, Stefan Matteau and Tim Sestito each scored in the middle frame. Joe Whitney opened the scoring in the first period and Scott Wedgewood made 24 saves. After Friday, games between the two clubs at Times Union Center will be played on Dec. 27, Jan. 25 and Feb. 15. Outings at Glens Falls Civic Center are on Jan. 4, Jan. 18, Feb. 21 and Apr. 6.
The Devils are the 11th least penalized team in the AHL, averaging 16.32 minutes per game. When shorthanded, the Devils are seventh in the league with an 84.7 penalty kill percentage.