Albany Devils vs Adirondack Phantoms
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Times Union Center | 5:00 pm | Tickets
• Thanksgiving Food Drive (Price Chopper)
ALBANY, NY – The Albany Devils will try and build off their 6-5 victory at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday when they host the Adirondack Phantoms Saturday at Times Union Center. The Northway Rivals are meeting for the third time this season and the second time in as many weeks. Albany is 1-1-0-0 against Adirondack this season.
– The Devils are fourth in the Northeast Division and ninth in the Eastern Conference at 6-5-0-1 (13 pts.). The Phantoms are third in the division and tied for seventh in the conference at 6-4-0-2 (14 pts.).
– During Friday’s game, Mike Sislo registered his first career hat trick and added an assist. Reid Boucher and Rostislav Olesz both had a goal and an assist and Kelly Zajac also scored. Keith Kinkaid made 27 saves in his first game since Oct. 23.
– Sislo became the 17th player in franchise history to register four points in a game. Additionally, he posted the club’s first hat trick since Bobby Butler scored four goals against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Dec. 12, 2012 at Times Union Center. In eight games, Sislo has four goals and an assist for five points.
– Adirondack, which has won five straight games, is coming off a 3-0 victory at Springfield Friday. Cal Heeter made 26 saves for his first shutout. Offensively, Chris VandeVelde, Tye McGinn and Matt Mangene each scored.
Devils vs. Phantoms Series
The Devils are 22-19-5-4 all-time against the Phantoms, including a 15-5-2-3 home mark and a 7-14-3-1 road record. This season, Albany claimed a 4-1 victory at Times Union Center on Oct. 14, but lost 3-1 at Glens Falls Civic Center Saturday.
During their last meeting, Adirondack had established a 3-0 advantage before Mike Hoeffel scored Albany’s goal at 2:55 of the third. Maxime Clermont made 27 saves in the 3-1 setback. After Saturday, games between the two clubs at Times Union Center will be played on Nov. 29, Dec. 27, Jan. 25 and Feb. 15. Outings at Glens Falls Civic Center are on Nov. 23, Jan. 4, Jan. 18, Feb. 21 and Apr. 6.
The Devils are 3-0-0-0 when leading after the first period and 6-0-0-0 when leading after the second.