Albany Devils vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Friday, December 13, 2013
Times Union Center | 7:00 pm
• SEFCU College Night: $10 tickets for college students
• Happy Hour: $2 domestic drafts between 6-7 pm
ALBANY, NY – After a 3-0 Albany win Tuesday at Bridgeport, the Devils and Sound Tigers meet again Friday at Times Union Center. The game is the third meeting between the two clubs within two weeks and the fourth within a month. The Devils are 3-0-0-0 against the Sound Tigers this season.
– The Devils are second in the Northeast Division and fourth in the Eastern Conference at 15-7-1-1 (32 pts.). The Sound Tigers are fourth in the division and tied for 12th in the conference at 9-11-1-3 (22 pts.). Albany is 7-4-1-0 at home, while Bridgeport is 3-5-0-3 on the road.
– Albany has at least one power-play goal during the last nine games, operating at 31.1 percent (14-15). The team ranks 10th in the AHL at 19.5 percent (23-118). Reece Scarlett leads the team with four power-play goals and Joe Whitney is first with 12 power-play points.
– Second-year pro Raman Hrabarenka has points in five-straight games, producing two goals and four helpers. He registered a goal and an assist against Springfield last Wednesday, an assist at Binghamton Saturday and a goal at Bridgeport Tuesday.
– Bridgeport is without their leading scorer Ryan Strome, who was recalled to the NHL earlier this week. Rookie Anders Lee is the team’s active leader with 21 points, backed by 10 goals and 11 assists.
Devils vs. Sound Tigers Series
The Devils are 16-21-3-5 all-time against the Sound Tigers, including a 13-7-1-2 home mark and a 3-14-2-3 road record. Last time out, Joe Whitney registered a goal and two assists and Keith Kinkaid made 22 saves, helping the Devils to a 3-0 victory against Bridgeport Tuesday at Webster Bank Arena. Reece Scarlett and Raman Hrabarenka each contributed power-play goals.
Other meetings between the two teams this season include contests at Times Union Center on Jan. 31 and Apr. 11. Games at Webster Bank Arena are on Dec. 22, Dec. 29, Feb. 8 and Feb. 16.
The Devils are 3-1 in the shootout this season. Joe Whitney leads the team with a .667 percentage, scoring on two-of-three attempts. Keith Kinkaid is 2-1, stopping 11-of-14, and Scott Wedgewood is 1-0, stopping all four attempts.