Albany Devils vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Friday, January 31, 2014
Times Union Center | 7:00 pm | Tickets
Follow the Action
• SEFCU College Night: All tickets $10 for college students
• Happy Hour: $2 Drafts from 6-7 pm
ALBANY, NY – Between Nov. 11 and Jan. 3, the Albany Devils earned points in 10-straight home games, going 8-0-2-0. Now the team is trying to end a three-game home slide when it hosts the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at Times Union Center Friday at 7 pm.
- The Devils are second in the Northeast Division and tied for fifth in the Eastern Conference at 23-14-3-3 (52 pts.). The Sound Tigers are fourth in the division and tied for 13th in the conference at 18-22-1-4 (41 pts.). Albany is 12-8-2-0 at home, while Bridgeport is 6-13-0-4 on the road.
- Joe Whitney, who will participate in the 2014 AHL All-Star Classic, is one goal shy of tying Stephen Gionta for the top spot in franchise history. Whitney’s 57 tallies trails Gionta, who netted 58 between 2006-13.
- Strome and Anders Lee lead the Sound Tigers with 40 and 34 points, respectively. Strome has 10 goals and 30 assists in 29 games, while Lee has 17 goals and 17 assists in 45 outings.
Devils vs. Sound Tigers Series
The Devils are 17-22-3-6 all-time against the Sound Tigers, including a 14-7-1-2 home mark and a 3-15-2-4 road record. This season, Albany is 4-1-0-1, including 3-0-0-0 at home.
Last time out, Tim Sestito and Joe Whitney both scored, but the Sound Tigers erased a two-goal deficit and prevailed in the shootout, 3-2, on Dec. 29 at Webster Bank Arena. Scott Wedgewood made 32 saves during regulation and overtime and five more during the nine-round shootout. Other meetings between the two teams this season include a contest at Times Union Center on Apr. 11. Games at Webster Bank Arena are on Feb. 8 and Feb. 16.
The team’s 26.28 shots-against-per-game is second behind Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s 25.14 mark.