Albany Devils vs Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Monday, November 11, 2013
Times Union Center | 2:00 pm | Tickets
• Veterans’ Day Special: Free admission for all Veterans
• Thanksgiving Food Drive (Price Chopper)
• Dollar Dawg Night: Hot dogs and soda are $1 each!
ALBANY, NY – The Albany Devils host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in a divisional matchup Monday at Times Union Center (2 pm). This season, Albany is 2-3-0-0 against Northeast Divisional opponents, while Bridgeport is 1-2-0-0.
- The Devils are fourth in the division and tied for tenth in the Eastern Conference at 6-6-0-1 (13 pts.). The Sound Tigers are fifth in the division and tied for 12 in the conference at 4-5-1-1 (10 pts.).
- Albany is coming off a 2-0 loss against Adirondack Saturday. Scott Wedgewood made 23 saves on 25 shots. This season, Wedgewood is 3-4-0 with a 2.61 goals-against average and a.891 save percentage. His partner, Keith Kinkaid, is 3-1-1 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .895 save percentage.
- In two games since being loaned to Albany, Rostislav Olesz has registered a goal and an assist. During Saturday’s game he was paired with Tim Sestito and Joe Whitney. Olesz, a 2004 first-round Draft pick, signed with New Jersey this offseason after being limited to 14 games with Rockford in 2012-13 with a knee injury.
- Bridgeport knocked off Adirondack, 3-2, Sunday at Webster Bank Arena. After falling behind 2-0, Anders Lee scored twice and Riley Wetmore helped rally the Sound Tigers to their fourth win of the season.
Devils vs. Sound Tigers
Monday’s contest will be the 43rd meeting all-time between the two clubs. The Devils are 13-21-3-5 overall, including an 11-7-1-2 home showing and a 2-14-2-3 road record. Albany went 1-4-1-0 against Bridgeport last season.
Last time out, Mike Sislo and David Wohlberg both scored and Keith Kinkaid made 27 saves, but Albany lost 4-2 on Mar. 24 at Webster Bank Arena. Other meetings between the two teams this season include contests at Times Union Center on Nov. 30, Dec. 13, Jan. 31 and Apr. 11. Games at Webster Bank Arena are on Dec. 10, Dec. 22, Dec. 29, Feb. 8 and Feb. 16.
The Devils-Sound Tigers game is just one of two AHL contest today. In the Western Conference, Rochester hosts Lake Erie at 3:05 pm.