Albany Devils vs Hartford Wolf Pack
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Times Union Center | 7:00 pm | Tickets
ALBANY, NY – Winners of four of their last five and three straight, the Albany Devils begin a six-game span against divisional opponents with a 7 pm outing against the Hartford Wolf Pack Wednesday at Times Union Center. These two teams met Friday and the Devils claimed a 3-0 victory, improving them to 2-1-0-0 against the Wolf Pack this season.
– The Devils are second in the Northeast Division and tied for sixth in the Eastern Conference at 9-6-0-1 (19 pts.). The Wolf Pack are third in the division and eighth in the conference at 8-6-0-2 (18 pts.). Albany is 4-4-0-0 at home, while Hartford is 4-3-0-1 on the road.
– On Monday, the New Jersey Devils returned Jon Merrill to Albany. Before his recall on Nov. 3, the Devils defenseman registered seven points (2g-5a) in 11 games.
– Keith Kinkaid, who was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, has won his last five starts. His 1.97 goals-against average ranks tied for second in the AHL. Additionally, he is 6-1-1 with a .922 save percentage and a shutout.
– Hartford ended a five game losing streak Saturday, defeating Bridgeport 4-1 at Webster Bank Arena. Kyle Jean, Danny Kristo, Oscar Lindberg and Andrew Yogan each scored. Scott Stajcer made 27 saves on 28 attempts.
– Kristo and Aaron Johnson lead the Wolf Pack with 16 points each. The rookie Kristo has registered a team-best nine goals to go with seven assists, while Johnson has three goals and a team-high 13 helpers.
Devils vs. Hartford Series
Wednesday’s contest will be the 48th meeting between the two teams. The Devils are 25-17-2-3 all-time against the Wolf Pack, including a 12-8-1-2 home mark and 13-9-1-1 road record. This season, Albany is 2-1-0-0 against Hartford. Last time out Keith Kinkaid made 25 saves, helping the Devils blank the Wolf Pack, 3-0, last Friday at XL Center. Riley Boychuk, Joe Whitney and Rod Pelley each scored. Dan Kelly had two helpers and Mike Hoeffel, Rostislav Olesz and Chris McKelvie also contributed assists.
Albany and Hartford will meet again at Times Union Center on Dec. 14 and Mar. 15. Games at XL Center will be played on Feb. 1 and Mar. 8.
Albany is the 11th least penalized team in the AHL, averaging 15.94 minutes per game. When shorthanded, the Devils are sixth overall with an 86.1 penalty kill percentage.