Albany Devils vs Hartford Wolf Pack
Friday, October 25, 2013
Times Union Center | 7:00 pm | Tickets
• Mayor Jennings “Cash for Coats” Drive
• SEFCU College Night — $10 tickets for college students
• Happy Hour with $2 drafts between 6-7 pm
ALBANY, NY – Entering Friday’s 7 pm game against the Hartford Wolf Pack at Times Union Center, the Albany Devils are on a five-game point streak with a 4-0-0-1 record. The Wolf Pack are also off to a strong start with a 5-1-0-1 mark thanks to a six-game point streak to begin the season.
- The Devils are third in the Northeast Division and fifth in the Eastern Conference with a 4-1-0-1 record (9 pts), which is the franchise’s best start after six games. The Wolf Pack are first in the division and third in the conference with a 5-1-0-1 showing (11 pts).
- Albany is coming off a 4-1 win at Utica Wednesday. Joe Whitney registered two goals and added an assist and Keith Kinkaid made 22 saves. Whitney and Jon Merrill scored first period goals. Chris McKelvie scored midway through the third before Whitney sealed the win with an empty net goal. The Devils went 1-8 on the power play and 4-5 on the penalty kill.
- Goaltenders Scott Wedgewood and Keith Kinkaid rank tied for second and 10th in the AHL for goals-against average. Wedgewood, who is 2-0-0, has registered a 0.96 mark and Kinkaid, who is 2-1-1, has posted a 1.97 average. Additionally, Wedgewood’s .961 save percentage ranks third.
- The Wolf Pack also played Wednesday, falling to Portland 4-2 at XL Center. Kyle Jean and Danny Kristo both scored and Jason Missiaen, who has since been recalled to the Rangers, made 26 saves. Kristo and Aaron Johnson lead Hartford with eight points. Kristo has five goals and three assists and Johnson has a goal and seven helpers.
Devils vs. Hartford Series
Friday’s meeting will be the 46th meeting between the two teams. The Devils are 23-17-2-3 all-time against the Wolf Pack, including an 11-8-1-2 home mark and 12-9-1-1 road record. Last season, Albany was 4-1-0-1 against Hartford.
The Devils opened the 2013-14 season at Hartford on Oct. 6. Jon Merrill had three helpers and Joe Whitney posted a goal and an assist in the 4-3 setback. Albany and Hartford will meet again at Times Union Center on Nov. 20, Dec. 14 and Mar. 15. Games at XL Center will be played on Nov. 15, Feb. 1 and Mar. 8.
The Devils are chasing the 2010-11 team for the best start after seven and eight games. That team went 5-2-0-0 and 5-3-0-0, respectively.