Albany Devils vs. Springfield Falcons
Friday, January 3, 2014
Times Union Center | 7:00 pm | Tickets
• SEFCU College Night: $10 tickets for college students
• Happy Hour: $2 domestic drafts between 6-7 pm
ALBANY, NY – The second-place Albany Devils put their franchise-record six-game home winning streak on the line when they host the first-place Springfield Falcons for a 7 pm game Friday at Times Union Center.
– The Devils are second in the Northeast Division and fourth in the Eastern Conference at 19-8-2-2 (42 pts.). The Falcons are first in the division and second in the conference at 21-5-1-3 (46 pts.). Albany is 11-4-1-0 at home, while Springfield I s 10-2-1-2 on the road.
– The Devils are on a franchise-record six-game home winning streak, outscoring opponents 31-14. Additionally, Albany has points in nine consecutive home games, which is the longest active stretch in the AHL and the second longest in the league this season. Manchester had a 10-game run between Oct. 26 and Dec. 20.
– Rookie Seth Helgeson registered his first career goal, netting the game-winner Saturday against Portland. The Devils defenseman has appeared in 35 career games, including four last season while playing with an ATO. He has totaled seven points with a goal and five assists.
– Springfield has won five of its last seven games, including a 4-2 win against St. John’s Tuesday at MassMutual Center. Jean-Francois Jacques, Andrew Joudrey, Jonathan Marchessault and Lukas Sedlak each scored. Jeremy Smith made 31 saves.
– Marchessault, who was returned on loan from Columbus Thursday, leads the Falcons with 26 points, including 12 goals and 14 points. Frederic St. Denis is second with 20 points with eight goals and 12 helpers.
Devils vs. Falcons Series
The Devils and Falcons are meeting for the 55th time. The Devils are 27-22-1-4 overall with a 13-10-1-3 home mark and a 14-12-0-1 road record. Albany is 5-2-0-1 during the last seven meetings, including a 1-1-0-0 record this season.
The teams last met on Dec. 7 at Times Union Center. The Devils erased two deficits for a 6-4 victory. Chris McKelvie netted the game-winning goal at 6:25 of the third period, completing the “Gordie Howe Hat Trick” – a goal, an assist and a fight. Raman Hrabarenka, who had an assist, joined Rod Pelley, Stefan Matteau, Artem Demkov and Mike Sislo as Albany’s goal scorers. Albany and Springfield will meet again at Times Union Center on Jan. 7 and Apr. 19. Games at MassMutual Center are on Jan. 10, Feb. 4 and Mar. 14.
The Devils have won six of their last eight divisional games, improving their overall record to 12-5-1-1 against the Northeast Division.