Preview: Devils at Falcons (April 3, 2015)
ALBANY, NY — The Albany Devils and the Springfield Falcons both want the same thing: sneak into the top eight of the Eastern Conference standings. Entering their 7 pm contest Friday at MassMutual Center, the Devils are 10th in the ranks with 73 points and the Falcons are ninth with 78 points. They trail the eighth-place Portland Pirates, who have 80 points.
Fans can stream the game online or on mobile devices at ahlllive.com. Additionally, the contest can be followed on 104.5 “The Team” ESPN Radio.
Scouting the Devils (31-26-5-6)
• Most recently, Albany had its four-game winning streak halted with a 2-1 loss against the Manchester Monarchs Wednesday at Times Union Center. Matt Lorito netted his second goal of the season and Scott Clemmensen turned aside 27 shots.
• Scott Wedgewood is coming off his 11th win of the season, making 29 stops at the Norfolk Admirals last Friday. The 22-year-old has allowed just 10 goals in six appearances during March, going 4-1-1 with a 1.74 goals-against average and a .934 save percentage.
• Paul Thompson, Joe Whitney and Stefan Matteau lead the Devils against the Falcons with four points each. Of the three, Thompson is the only player available for Friday’s contest. Whitney is sidelined with a lower-body injury and Matteau is playing with the New Jersey Devils.
Scouting the Falcons (35-27-8-0)
• Springfield is coming off a 2-1 win at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Wednesday. Former Devil Mike Hoeffel netted the game-winning goal at 11:13 of the third period. Netminder Scott Munroe made 21 saves.
• Austin Madaisky ranks 11th among AHL defensemen with 35 points. He is third on the team, producing 12 goals and 23 helpers in 53 games
• Kerby Rychel and T.J. Tynan lead Springfield against Albany this season with seven and six points, respectively. In six outings, Rychel has two goals and five helpers and in seven contests, Tynan has six assists.
The Devils and Falcons are meeting for the 68th time and the Devils are 32-28-2-5 overall with a 17-11-2-4 home mark and a 15-17-0-1 road record. This season, Albany is 3-3-0-1.
- ALB PTS
- SPR PTS
- ALB Goals
- SPR Goals