7:35, November 25, 2011
Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial, Rochester, NY
- Alexander Urbom scored his first of the season
- Darcy Zajac netted his second in as many games
- Nathan Perkovich extended his streak to four games
POINT STREAK ENDS
by Kevin Zalaznik // 11.25.2011 // Recap
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Devils had their eight-game point streak halted with a 4-2 loss against the Rochester Americans Friday at the Blue Cross Arena. The Devils (9-7-1-1) entered the contest with a 6-0-1-1 record during the stretch.
Rochester’s Colin Stuart was the spoiler with the game-winning goal at 10:26 of the third period. The Americans were playing with six skaters thanks to a delayed penalty. The goal was the first and only Amerks (9-7-2-1) lead as The Devils held two leads in the first and two periods, but never led during an intermission.
Urbom waited only 3:24 into the game before putting Albany up, 1-1. His blast from the point was unassisted and was his first goal of the season.
Nearly 15 minutes later, Rochester’s Shaone Morrissonn evened the score at 18:18. However, Zajac responded at 6:06 of the second with his fourth tally on the year. Nathan Perkovich had the helper.
Zajac extended his goal streak to two games and his point streak to three outings (2g-1a). For Perkovich, he moved his point streak to four games (3g-1a).
Early in the third, an infraction was committed on Rochester’s Matt MacKenzie and he still had an opportunity one-on-one with Frazee. The Devils netminder made the save, but was tested for a second time when MacKenzie was awarded a penalty shot. Frazee made that stop as well.
Frazee finished with 30 saves on 34 shots in his ninth start of the season. At the other end, David Leggio had 27 stops on 29 tries.
The Time Warner Cable Cup resumes tomorrow when the Devils travel to the Glens Falls Civic Center to take on the Adirondack Phantoms. Puck drop is at 7 p.m. and fans can follow the action on 104.5 FM “The Team” ESPN Radio.
Notes: The Devils dressed 10 players with NHL experience … Entering the game, Jeff Frazee had never allowed a goal while playing at the Blue Cross Arena. He has posted two career shutouts with 34 saves on Nov. 20, 2010 and 24 stops on Dec. 4, 2010 … Devils shutout streak at the Blue Cross Arena ends at 138:18 … Eric Boulton, who is on a conditioning loan from New Jersey, appeared in his first AHL game the 1999-2000 season while playing for Rochester …Nick Palmieri, who was loaned from New Jersey Thursday, played in his first AHL Game since Jan. 29, 2011 against Rochester … Mike Hoeffel returned to the lineup, ending a 16-game hiatus. Before injury, his last game was opening night against Springfield on Oct. 8 … Three Stars: 1. Colin Stuart (RCH), 2. Jacob Lagace (RCH), 3. Shaone Morrissonn (RCH).
by Albany Devils // 11.23.2011 // Preview
The Devils embark on their second game of a four-game road trip. They are coming off a 6-5 shootout win last Saturday at Hershey. This season, Albany is 3-2-0-0 on the road and is riding a two-game road winning streak.
- The Devils are tied for second in the Northeast Division with a 9-6-1-1 record (20 pts.) and are 3-2-0-0 on the road. The Americans are second in the North Division with an 8-7-2-1 mark (19 pts.) and are 6-3-0-1 at the Blue Cross Arena at War Memorial.
- Albany holds the longest point streak in the AHL with points in each of the last eight games, going 6-0-1-1 during that stretch. The club record for consecutive games with at least a point is nine (5-0-0-4) between Mar. 3-23 during the 2006-07 season.
- After going scoreless during his first 12 games, Nathan Perkovich now has three goals in the last three games. He netted the game-winning goal at Syracuse on Nov. 12 and scored on a follow-up opportunity against Toronto on Nov. 13. He then netted a goal at Hershey on Nov. 19. For his career, Perkovich has 54 points with 29 goals and 25 assists.
At Devils: 0-2-0-0
At Americans: 2-0-0-0
Season Series: 0-0-0-0
In two games all-time at Rochester, the Devils have posted two shutouts (Nov. 20, 2010; 4-0 and Dec. 4, 2010; 2-0).