Who The Devils Will See In ’14-’15
At the end of the 2013-14 regular season only five points separated fifth place from ninth. The Devils were fifth with 93 points, while the Hershey Bears missed the Calder Cup Playoffs in ninth with 88 points. The tight finish highlights the importance of each game whether in October or April.
A win in hockey is worth two points towards the standings. However, a victory against an Eastern Conference foe carries more weight for the Devils, because that win prohibits another team — fighting for the same playoff spots — from earning points.
Looking at Albany’s 2014-15 schedule, there is an emphasis on conference outings. Of the 76 contests, 72 are against inter-conference foes, making each game count that much more towards a Calder Cup Playoff berth.
- Ray Shero was named the fourth General Manager ...
- Lou Lamoriello today named Ray Shero as the fou...
- New Jersey Devils prospects Ryan Kujawinksi and...
- One day after the end of the 2014-15 season, He...
- During the 2014-15 season, 13 Devils completed ...