The Albany Devils will host an array of promotional nights and events to support the Capital Region during the 2014-15 season. In all, 11 games at Times Union Center will have a community-betterment theme, starting with the Home Opener on Saturday, Oct. 18 at 5:05 pm with Mayor Kathy Sheehan’s “Cash for Coats.”
“Beginning the season with Mayor Sheehan’s ‘Cash for Coats’ sets a standard we hope to maintain throughout the upcoming season,” said Albany Devils’ CEO Christopher Ciceri. “The Devils organization is in a unique situation to provide family-friendly entertainment and in the same breath make a big impact in the Albany area.
“I truly believe we have the most generous fan base in the American Hockey League and with its support we can truly make a difference for a lot of people.”
Below is a list of the community initiatives for the upcoming season:
Saturday, October 18 at 5:05 pm
- Mayor Kathy Sheehan’s “Cash for Coats” — fans are encouraged to make a cash donation that will be used towards providing winter clothing for Albany’s youth. Additionally, Mayor Sheehan will drop the ceremonial puck.
Saturday, October 25 at 5:00 pm
- Bullying Prevention Game — The Devils, who have partnered with CBS 6 Albany and the Anti-Defamation League, stand up against bullying and will ask its fans to take a pledge to prevent bullying.
Saturday, November 1 at 5:00 pm; Sunday, November 2 at 3:00 pm; Wednesday, November 12 at 7:00 pm; Friday, November 21 at 7:00 pm; Sunday, November 23 at 3:00 pm
- Thanksgiving Food Drive — for the fifth consecutive season, the Devils have partnered with Price Chopper to host a “Thanksgiving Food Drive” to benefit a regional food bank.
Saturday, December 6 at 5:00 pm
- Teddy Bear Toss — fans are encouraged to bring new or slightly used Teddy Bears or stuffed animals to the game to be donated to non-profits in the Albany area.
Saturday, January 10 at 5:00 pm
- Pucks and Paws – fans can bring their dogs to the game at Times Union Center by making a $5 donation to the Mohawk & Hudson Humane Society.
Saturday, March 21 at 5:00 pm
- Devils Fight Cancer Night — for the second straight year, the Devils will offer $18 tickets with $5 benefitting the Melodies Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at the Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center. Additionally, fans can enter-to-win prizes in a charitable raffle.
Saturday, April 4 at 5:00 pm
- Military Appreciation Night — all active and retired service members will receive free admission to the game by showing proper identification at the Times Union Center box office.