Preview: Devils at Admirals (March 27, 2015)
ALBANY, NY — Winners of their last two games, the Albany Devils face off against the Norfolk Admirals Friday for the first meeting of a two-game series. Puck drop is at 7:30 pm.
Fans can follow the action online or on mobile devices at ahllive.com. Additionally, the game can be heard on 104.5 “The Team” ESPN Radio.
Scouting the Devils (29-25-5-6)
• Albany, which is 5-3-1-1 in its last 10 games, is coming off a 5-3 victory against the Hartford Wolf Pack Sunday at Times Union Center. Trailing by two, the Devils tied a franchise record for goals in a period when they potted five during the final frame. Mike Sislo led all scorers with a goal and two helpers. Tim Sestito, Paul Thompson and Scott Timmins each registered a goal and an assist. In goal, Scott Clemmensen made 15 saves.
• After going 0-24 on the power play heading into last weekend, the Devils went 4-12 (33.3%) in two games. On the other side, the penalty kill went 12-13 (92.3%) during all three games last week. During the last seven outings, the penalty kill is 27-29 (93.1%).
• Brandon Burlon leads the Devils in two games against the Admirals this season. He has a goal and two assists. Raman Hrabarenka (1g-1a), Chris McKelvie (1g-1a) and Graham Black (2a) are tied for second with two points.
Scouting the Admirals (23-35-5-3)
• Norfolk’s only win in the last 10 games came at Albany (1-0) on Mar. 18. Most recently, the team lost, 3-2, against the Charlotte Checkers Wednesday at Scope Arena. Robert Czarnik and Charles Sarault both had goals.
• Max Friberg leads Norfolk with 29 points, including 11 goals and 18 assists in 48 games. He has produced 11 power-play points with three goals and eight helpers. Additionally, he leads the team with four game-winning tallies.
• Netminder Jason LeBarbera has played both games against Albany this season. He is 1-1-0 with a 2.04 goals-against average and a .941 save percentage.
Friday’s meeting will be the 43rd all-time between the two clubs. The Devils are 14-24-2-2 overall, including an 8-12-1-1 home mark and a 6-12-1-1 road record. Albany is 1-1-0-0 against Norfolk this season.