Preview: Devils vs. Monarch (April 1, 2015)
ALBANY, NY — The Albany Devils climb into the top eight in the Eastern Conference continues Wednesday with a 7 pm outing against the Manchester Monarchs at Times Union Center. With nine games remaining, the Devils are seven points out of a Calder Cup Playoff spot.
Fans in attendance can take advantage of “Dollar Dawg Night” with $1 hot dogs and small sodas. Tickets can be purchased at the Times Union Center box office or at any Ticketmaster outlet. Fans can also buy tickets via charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.
Those not at the game can follow the action online or on mobile devices at ahllive.com.
Scouting the Devils (31‐25‐5‐6)
• The Devils are 6-2-1-1 in their last 10 outings with wins in four consecutive games. Last weekend, they won back-to-back road outings against the Norfolk Admirals — 4-3 in overtime Friday and 3-1 Saturday. Joe Whitney led all scorers with two goals and two assists and Paul Thompson netted a hat trick during Saturday’s game.
• Captain Rod Pelley has three points in the last four outings, producing a goal and two helpers. This season, he has 12 points, including seven goals and five assists, in 61 outings.
• Despite missing time earlier in the season, Raman Hrabarenka is having a career year with 24 points in 39 outings. The 22-year-old has a career-high eight goals and 16 assists. Entering the week, he is on a four-game point streak with three goals and two helpers.
Scouting the Monarchs (43-16-6-2)
• Manchester is 8-1-1-0 in its last 10 games and currently ranked first in the Atlantic Division and first in the Eastern Conference. The team is coming off a 3-1 win against Lehigh Valley Sunday. Ryan Horvat and Paul Bissonnette both tallied a goal and an assist. In goal, Patrik Bartosak made 19 saves.
• Brian O’Neil and Jordan Weal are first and second in the AHL with 71 and 62 points, respectively. O’Neil has 22 goals and 49 assists in 63 games and Weal has 62 points with 18 goals and 44 helpers in 67 outings.
Devils vs. Monarchs Series
Wednesday’s contest will be the second meeting between the Devils and Monarchs this season and the 50th all-time. The Devils are 21-23-2-3 with an 8-13-2-1 home mark and a 13-10-0-2 road record.
• During their last meeting on Feb. 4, Mike Richards and Brian O’Neill both had a goal and two assists in the Monarchs 4-1 win at Verizon Wireless Arena. Mike Sislo scored for Albany and Scott Wedgewood made 29 saves.
• The teams are meeting for the final time this season.